1. Preheat oven for 1⁄2 hour before putting roast in. 2. Remove ground pork from center (freeze ground pork if not used). 3. If used, brown ground pork on top of stove and mix with stuffing. 4. Season crown roast (optional). 5. Bake at 325 ... View Tip
- Bring roast to room temperature one hour prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven a half hour before putting the roast into the oven.
- Use the time chart as a general guide. Check the roast before the minimum time recommendation because each oven is different, and times will vary.
- We recommend you use either a meat thermometer, which stays in the roast as it cooks, or an instant thermometer, which does not stay in the oven.
- The thermometer must be placed in the center of the roast, and must not touch a bone.
- Take the roast out when the thermometer reaches 5° less than the desired temperature, because the roast will continue to cook after it is removed from the oven.
- Once you’ve removed the roast from the oven, let it stand 20-30 minutes before carving and serving.
- Roast all meat uncovered, on a rack, without water.